Cappuccino

If I order a cappuccino in Sweden or Italy I will not get the same cappuccino. In Italy if I order a cappuccino I will get the cappuccino in a cup which is approximately the same size anywhere in Italy with the correct proportion of coffee, steamed milk and frothed milk.

What will happen if I order a cappuccino in Sweden? First I have to choose the size of the cappuccino, medium or large. There is not usually any small cappuccinos in Sweden. Then the bartender will probably ask if I want a single or a double, this will never happen in Italy. When you get the cappuccino, the cup is so much bigger than anything you would get in Italy. Finally the proportions of coffee, milk and frothed milk is completely unbalanced, since in Sweden they don't understand that cappuccino is about proportions. Not just coffee with steamed milk and some frothed milk on top.

A cappuccino at Pasticceria Pistone in Bologna.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Cappuccino small, medium or large?

Italian pizza

Sitting